PHOENIX SCOTTISH GAMES
BEST BEARD CONTEST
PHOENIX SCOTTISH GAMES BEST BEARD COMPETITION
CATEGORIES AND JUDGING CRITERIA
A mustache of any style worn alone, not part of a beard.
Facial hair with spaces/ breaks to differentiate from a beard i.e. goatee with sideburns.
A beard that covers the full area with no separations under 12in in length.
A full beard as described above that exceeds 1 foot in length.
Sign-up at the Games Souvenir booth adjacent to the Ghillie Dhu Pub tent.
- Each contestant must appear before the pre-judges in order to determine whether he qualifies for his chosen category.
- All contestants in each category will be presented to the panel of judges as a group. The judges will reveal the scores for each contestant openly.
- Each judge will award each contestant a score of from 5 to 10 points.
- In case of a tie in one of the first three places, there will be a re-vote among the judges to break the tie.
- Complaints about the judges’ decisions are not acceptable and will result in disqualification.
- Prize(s) will be awarded to the top 3 scorers in each category.
- By participating in the competition, all contestants agree without limitation that they may be photographed and that their voices may be recorded and that all such photographs and recordings may be published.
- A maximum of 10 contestants per category only.
- Styling aids include, for example, mustache/hair wax, hair spray, hair lacquer, hair gel, styling foam, etc. – will be allowed especially if they are from STUBBORN SCOTSMAN BEARD SCHMEARE!
- Must compete with their own, naturally grown beard/mustache. Costume beards, fake beards that are glued on or artificially attached to the face in anyway are not allowed in competition.
Your mission as a contestant is to have fun.
To style, shape, condition, use beard oil, beard balm, mustache wax and/or hair spray, and to trim your facial hair in such a way that it represents the best in your category, and shows off your unique beard and mustache color, texture, density, and style.
If you have facial hair come and join in the merriment!
Honors and prizes (sponsored by our vendor, Stubborn Scotsman Beard Schmeare Company) will go to the first, second, and third place winners. The competitions will take place on Sunday, March 3, in the Kilt Lifter Tap Room.
- This competition is open to anyone with the following exceptions; Employees of The Phoenix Games, affiliates (Blue Shirts), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Limited entries.
- Contestants must be present at time of judging and awarding of winners.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Phoenix Scottish Games reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will hold The Phoenix Games harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not enter the contest.
- The Phoenix Games will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by The Phoenix Games for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The contestants agree that photographs taken during the contest can be used by The Phoenix Games for publicity, website and official games program. Winners also agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to use their names and photographs in such publicity if necessary.